“Financial Literacy at the Museum: A Historical Perspective” In-Person PD on December 12th from 4:00-6:00 PM
$0.00 – $1,095.00
(Light refreshments will be provided)
Location: Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45203
Cost: Free to attend
Join us for an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Cincinnati History Museum located at the Cincinnati Museum Center and learn how to teach financial literacy to your students. In this hands-on workshop, you’ll:
- Investigate 19th-century Cincinnati industries, such as soap and candle making, meatpacking, furniture making, and brewing.
- Work in small groups to review period business records, illustrations, and historical artifacts.
- Learn how productive resources were used in these industries and how they impacted production and consumption.
- Get to know economic terms such as opportunity cost, scarcity, profit, and loss.
- Investigate the impact of inventions on the past, present, and future.
- Take a private tour of the You are Here, Made in Cincinnati, and Public Landing galleries in the Cincinnati History Museum.
- This workshop is perfect for educators of all grade levels and disciplines. Light snacks will be provided.
This workshop is free to attend, but registration is required and space is limited. Please register today to reserve your spot!
This workshop is part of the Alpaugh Scholars 2023-2024 PD series, which is made possible by the Alpaugh Family Foundation. For attending three of the four in-person workshops, educators can receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
Benefits of the Alpaugh Scholars Program:
- Alpaugh Scholars 2023-2024 Certificate
- CEU contact hours
- $100 Amazon gift card for attending three of the four in-person workshops in the fall and spring.
- Email of recognition to educator’s principal/supervisor letting them know the educator has completed the financial literacy PD series
- Name listed on the Center’s website as Alpaugh Scholar for the 2023-2024 academic year
To learn more about the Alpaugh Scholars, please CLICK HERE.